Advocacy in Action
- Hard Hats for Little Heads: The Bexar County Medical Society Alliance (BCMSA) has organized a Hard Hats for Little Heads event every year for the past 10 years. Almost 1,000 helmets were fitted and given to Bexar County children. In 2019, BCMSA is hosting two more helmet give aways. To learn more email Varda Ratner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holiday Toy Drive: 54 stuffed animals were given to the University Hospital Pediatric Emergency Room
- HPV Immunizations: Awarded $2,500 from TMA Foundation to provide HPV vaccinations in conjunction with SA Metro Health
BCMSA present University Hosptial NICU a check for $1,060, plus toys, books, clothes and diapers collected by members.
- BCMSA raises money throughout the year for its philanthropic efforts, such as Hard Hats for Little Heads, breast cancer research, and NICU units.
- Doctor’s Day: $2,600 donated to local domestic violence awareness organizations
First Tuesdays at the Capitol:
Legislative and Political Action
Every year, when the legislative session takes place, the BCMSA organizes a caravan of Alliance members, physicians, medical students and residents to attend First Tuesdays at the Capitol in Austin. Please contact Jennifer Lewis at Jennifer.email@example.com
if you would like to attend.